11/05/2014

The Casual Crop



Cropped tops are, by far, one of my favourite trends, however, I have come to associate the crop with fairly dressy occasions (dinner dates and the like), paired with a midi skirt or tailored trousers. Incorporating a crop into uni attire can prove to be a challenge considering the general consensus of dressing down rather than up. In my short stint of four years, it appears that looking overdressed is as much, if not more, of a faux-pas as looking like you've just willed yourself out of bed and forgone the preparation altogether. This proves to be a bit of a daily challenge for those, like myself, who are more predisposed towards heeled boots, chiffon shirts and the like.


In an effort to tweak my usual 'dressy' style, I paired the crop top with an oversized grey marle t-shirt and white denim. The grey marle draws attention away from the slight sheen of this Zara crop, making it less fancy-schmancy and more uni-appropriate. If you haven't tried a long-sleeved cropped jumper yet, now is definitely the time with winter fast approaching. Fluffy cropped jumpers are on my radar at the moment, more on this soon...

Of course, since all my preppy tendencies were being suppressed thus far, I couldn't hold back with the jewellery, rose gold accents were the choices of the day; my laptop case matched conveniently here and I couldn't resist.




Photo Credit: Jude Newton (Facebook) (Instagram)

Cropped Jumper (Zara - in store only)
Grey Marle T-shirt (Dotti)
Jeans (Oasis)
Boots (Mode Collective - on sale!)
Laptop Case (Mimco - sold out, check out their beautiful tablet pouches!)
Watch (Mimco)
Midi Rings (Lovisa - sold out,)(similar ASOS)

Of course I shot a dressier look with this crop (versatile is an understatement) so keep your eyes peeled for that in the near future, that's all for now folks.

Happy Shopping!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment