13/07/2014

Girl Boss: #1 Trousers


First of all apologies for the lack of outfit posts as of late, blame exams and work but back to it now!

One of the biggest misconceptions about 'finding your sense of style' is that it involves limiting yourself to a few trends that arise and spending copious amounts of time and money investing in these select few styles.  Personally, I find that one of the most compelling things about the fashion industry is that it not only presents new trends but also allows you to adapt these trends to your stage of life and evolve as you evolve. For example, as a uni student, my day to day wear is casual, however, now that I've stocked up on plenty of casual wear, excessively hoarding more just doesn't seem like a smart move. For this reason, I've resolved to slowly add more 'corporate-appropriate' pieces into my wardrobe and integrate these pieces into my existing collection of casual wear. 


The idea of experimenting with corporate styles and silhouettes requires the breakdown of a few key pieces and for this reason, I bring you the Girl Boss series (inspired by the brilliant novel of course). First up, trousers...it's easy to become complacent wearing denim every day and this makes it hard to try anything different but there's something sophisticated and versatile about a pair of black, ankle cropped peg-leg trousers that makes me want to start styling them with more and more of my jumpers, shirts and tees. The wide leg is also huge this season (no pun intended) and let's all brace ourselves for the inevitable return of flared pants, I admit, I don't cringe as much as I used to thinking about these, perhaps this is a sign...



On a side note, grey was never a colour that I wore very often but I have well and truly committed to finding more and more pieces in various hues, theres nothing boring about a layered grey look or adding a bit of grey to break up a monochrome/black-on-black look, more on this soon!


Pants: Forever New, Jumper: Seed (Sale), Coat:Princess Polly, Shoes: Steve Madden (Sold out), Bag: Michael Kors


Photo Credit: Thilina Appa (Facebook)

Peg Leg/Slim Trousers: , ASOS, Saint Laurent, Stella McCartney
Wide Leg/Flared Trousers: ASOS, ASOSDion Lee, Michael Kors, DKNY
Grey Jumper: , Mink Pink, Missguided
Shoes: Steve Madden (sold out), River Island, Tony Bianco (sale)Jimmy Choo, Gianvito Rossi (sale)

Happy Shopping!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment