18/07/2014

Girl Boss #2: The (Midi-) Pencil Skirt


The pencil skirt reigns as the one of the few universally flattering, multi-occasion appropriate pieces in my wardrobe...which is exactly why I did not hesitate at all when adding this midi to my collection. Whilst a black pencil skirt is corporate-/professional-wear by convention, the makeshift leg slit formed by the asymmetric cut makes this skirt a little more flexible in my wardrobe of casual wear and made an interesting combination with a printed shirt (also featured here) and a knit in a pretty pastel blue to break up the monochrome. Also, I can't rave enough about the elongating properties of the midi silhouette, us petite girls have struck gold with this one, I'm 5'2", enough said.



Paired with my surprisingly-comfy-for-a-4-inch-heel mules, I must say the ASOS end of season sale served me well...not surprisingly, this isn't all I picked up, stay tuned for the next instalment of the Girl Boss series for more.


Jumper: ASOS, Shirt: Sheike, Skirt: ASOS (Sale), Mules: ASOS (Sale), Bag: Alexander Wang (similar - rose gold hardware) (similar - black hardware)

Photo Credit: Thilina Appa (Facebook)


Happy Shopping!

X

1 comment: