24/07/2014

Girl Boss # 3: The White Shirt (and Jeans for Genes)


A corporate wear series would not be complete without mentioning the humble white shirt. It has taken me years to find one in a crisp material in the right fit...when I found one that was affordable as well as the right fit from ASOS (thank goodness for petite sizing), I had no hesitations whatsoever.



Instead of pairing the white shirt with a pencil skirt or slacks like I would for the office, I went for a white-on-white ensemble. While head-to-toe white can look (and feel) a little high-maintenance and fussy, it is a refreshing change from the all-black uniform towards which I tend to gravitate. This Shilla bomber jacket of mine is the answer to this little qualm, being the perfect piece to dress-down my usually-dressy outfits. Also, bold jewellery is a fun way to add a little 'oomph' to a streamlined and simple silhouette. 


Lastly white denim is an often-overlooked wardrobe staple and let me assure you, once you invest in a pair, you will find yourself living in them. I have gone through a few pairs of white jeans in the past but have never been completely happy with the fit, this was until I discovered Siwy Denim available on ShopBop. Apart from the perfect fit and length, (no altering necessary, who would have thought!) these jeans are quite reasonably priced considering just how good the quality is. 

Also don't forget Jeans for Genes Day on August 1st 2014; why not support research into genetically inherited disorders and treatments in a white pair of jeans? This charity is very close to my heart being a genetics major and I will definitely be reppin' my white denim and donating generously, if you'd like more information click here



White Shirt: Asos, White Jeans: Siwy, Bomber Jacket: Shilla (sold out) (similar), Necklace: Lovisa, Shoes: Asos (similar), Bag: Alexander Wang

Photo Credit: Thilina Appa (Facebook)

This brings me to the end of the Girl Boss series, I hope it has been a useful tool to direct your shopping endeavours, stay tuned for more outfit/beauty posts soon.


Happy Shopping!

X



No comments:

Post a Comment