28/09/2014

Spring Essentials #2: Camisoles and Midi-Skirts


Nothing says Spring like a pop of colour, and for me, nothing works better than my favourite shade of royal blue. As a creature of habit, I usually gravitate towards monochrome or one-toned outfits. This blue is the exception; my friends and family have named it 'Eresha-blue' since it has made itself a permanent feature of my wardrobe. 

This camisole has been in my wardrobe for more than 3 years however has not dated in the slightest, while t-shirts are the more common casual-equivalent, theres no reason why this couldn't be paired with black/white jeans and slides for the daytime as well. This is the same rationale I use each time I buy a new camisole, safe to say my love for these strappy silk singlets won't wane any time soon...all the more reason to stock up and try a few other colours right? While this particular style and colour is no longer available, check out the other camisoles available this season from Bardot, this wouldn't be the first time I've mentioned the exceptional fit, quality and the reasonable price point.



While the floaty pleated midi skirts that have been huge as of late look exceptionally playful and girly, I have the nagging feeling that this trend just won't stand the test of time. Personally, I think the fitted midi in the pencil-silhoutte is an exceptionally flattering and versatile piece both in terms of season and occasion (can you say elongating!) Wear it with a thick boyfriend coat and ankle boots in the cooler months or a camisole and strappy heels for spring, no regrets with this one! This look fits the latter description, and since there was a pop of colour happening, I kept the rest tonal with white, grey and black.




Photography: Jude Newton (Facebook) (Instagram)

Camisole: Bardot (old season) (Other - Bardot)
Midi Skirt: Bardot (similar - Bardot)
Boyfriend Coat: Princess Polly
Shoes: Asos
Watch: Mimco
Pouch: Mimco

Follow FWTN:
Facebook | Instagram (@fromwanttoneed) | Pinterest | Bloglovin'


Happy Shopping!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment